31 Hop IPA Review
31 Hop IPA is an English India Pale Ale (IPA) style beer brewed by Butcombe Brewery Ltd. in Bristol, for Marks And Spencer customers to enjoy. Initially, when I saw this was made from 31 hops, I thought this is going to be crap. They’ve gone for a gimmick, trying to outdo other brewers. Let’s see who can use the most hops type scenario. Okay, I was wrong, but that’s not a frequent thing to happen.
What’s In It
31 hops, surprise, surprise. These are sourced from 11 different countries. If you’re wanting to know the names, these are;Galaxy, Vic’s secret, Saaz, Strisselspalt, Aramis, Cascade, Polaris, Brewer’s Gold, Tettnang, Sorachi Ace, Nelson Sauvin, Motueka, Junga, Savinjski Goldings, Fuggle, WGV, Challenger, First Gold, Bramling Cross, Northdown, East Kent Goldings, Citra, Centennial, Chinook, Mosaic, Sterling, Amarillo, Summit, Simcoe, Equinox, Galena.
An enjoyable, light yet hoppy ale. A nice light, golden colour. Described as an appealing beer with aromas of mint, thyme and grapefruit and a fruity, sherbet taste that’s followed by zesty citrus and warm spice. Have to say that this is a fair summary. Makes a nice summer drink, think beer in the garden type drinking. As it’s quite a light drink, I did think it was a tiny bit gassy compared to some.
- Bottle size: 500 ml
- Alcohol content: 4.5 %
- Alcohol units per bottle: 2.2
- Alcohol units per serving: 1.1
- Serving Size: 250 ml
- £2.50 bottle when you buy a case of 20
- Best beer Kit for Beginners - Our beer kits are designed for the first-time brewer in mind Step-by-step instructions, simple ingredients and easy to use brewing equipment.
- Only Takes 30 Minutes of Your Time to Brew - Using our hopped Malt extract you can brew up a batch of beer in less than 30 minutes.
- Includes the Best Ingredients to Get Started - Brewing with Mr. Beer’s Hopped Malt Extracts are perfect for any brewer. It cuts down on time, reduces the risk of contamination, and helps create a more consistent beer every time.
- Comes with Everything You Need - Our beer Kit comes with everything you need to brew your first batch of beer. No need for additional large pots, strainers or brewing equipment. All you need is a Mr. Beer Kit, water and common kitchen items to get started.
- Ready to Drink in 3-4 Weeks - With our ingredients designed by Coopers Brewery, your beer will be done fermenting in 10-14 days and ready to drink 7-14 days later.
Last update on 2023-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API