Crafty Brewing Irish IPA Review
The Rye River Brewery
The Rye River Brewing Company began back in 2013 and is based in Celbridge, Kildare. Working with Lidl supermarket to bring out the supermarket branded craft beers.
The Irish IPA is a hazy, slightly cloudy beer. Has an aroma of grassy hops, combining with hints of peach, apricot and citrus flavours coming through
Medium body, which combines with a slightly creamy texture to mask the strength of this brew. Clear head, this looks a clean beer.
What’s In It
Water, barley malt, glucose syrup, wheat malt, spice flavourings, aromatic citrus, hop extract
Light, hoppy, fruity. Citrus comes through in leaps and bounds. Possibly peach and mango in there too, which adds that little bit of sweetness.
- Bottle size: 500 ml
- Alcohol content: 6.0 %
Beer Enjoyment Score Total
A very pleasant drink, ideal for a summer day sat out in the beer garden or at home with a BBQ on the go. An impressive 6.0% provides that bit of a kick, but it’s subtle so doesn’t leap out at you.
For an IPA this has a lot going for it. This ale has the ability to lure you into a false sense of security, the taste is subtle but the underlying strength is one to watch out for.
- MULTI-STEP MASHING CONTROL SYSTEM: Schedule your mash cook recipe. Set custom parameters for each step of the cook and smoothly transition between each step. Adjust the time, temperature, and cooking power as the recipe demands
- 9 GALLON CAPACITY: Glass cook lid ets you keep a close eye on the cook. Small hole for checking the temperature. Plugs Into Standard Wall Outlet
- BONUS RECIPE BOOK: For Belgian Wit, IPA, Kolsch, Pale Ale, Pils, Red Ale, Coast Beer, Weissbier, all in 25 Liters Capacity
- HEAVY DUTY STAINLESS STEEL: Max capacity, up to 9 gallons Mash up to 17lbs. of Malt Total Assembled Dimensions (D x H): 15.3’’ x 30.3” External Stainless Steel 1/2in Valve
- CONVENIENT MALT PIPE DESIGN: Detachable filter screen makes cleaning easier. Octagonal wort draining stand supports malt pipe during draining. No hole malt pipe handle design no leaking malt grain into wort
- MICHIGAN ARTISTS & PRINTERS | this design was drawn and screen printed (silk screened) with pride by our skilled illustrators and printers in Ann Arbor. If you're ever in the area, stop by for a free tour and see how we make your apparel! Tagless tag is printed on fabric inside collar, you can't feel it.
- UNISEX MODERN FIT SIZING | this shirt is slightly tapered to be a little less boxy than the old style of mass-market t-shirt. Nothing drastic, and most people wear the same size in our shirts as they do in all of their others, but you might go one size larger if you're on the fence. It is pre-shrunk, but like any high-cotton product, will still shrink slightly in the wash. Our model photos are the real thing - the actual shirt on our salesguy, Rich. He's 6' 2", 200 lbs and wearing a large
- SOFT FABRICS | Our shirts are a ringspun, 30/1 fine jersey knit on 100% USA-grown cotton. If you don't speak t-shirt geek, that means they are soft and smooth with a high thread-count, tight knit made out of fuzzy plants grown by American farmers. These are mid-weight shirts - a bit lighter than your mass-market, thick gym class t-shirts, but substantial / not see-through. It's a nice balance between comfort and durability
- TOP QUALITY INKS & EQUIPMENT | We use QCM screen printing inks, manufactured in Pineville, North Carolina. These are high quality inks - vibrant and durable, and highly crack resistant. Some of our designs are intentionally faded or cracked (see product photos), but our inks always "do what they are told" by our printers. We use top of the line printing presses and ovens (to properly cure inks) made by M&R in Roselle, Illinois
- SAFE CHEMISTRY | QCM has been one of the most forward-thinking ink manufacturers in the industry, going phthalate-free over ten years ago - way ahead of the curve. They're also CFC free and rated as carcinogen-free by the state of California
- Papazian, Charlie (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 496 Pages - 09/30/2014 (Publication Date) - William Morrow Paperbacks (Publisher)
Last update on 2023-06-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API